Held for the past 36 years, the Walk to End HIV is Whitman-Walker Health’s signature fundraiser that calls on thousands of Washington, DC area residents to lace up their shoes and walk or run to support WWH’s mission of providing dependable, high-quality, comprehensive and accessible health care to those living with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you are a registered participant, it’s never too early or too late to secure donations in support of the Walk to End HIV! Donors can contribute online through December 31, 2022.
- Supporter checks should be made payable to ‘Whitman-Walker Foundation’.
- To guarantee proper attribution, the walker/runner name should be noted on the check’s memo line along with "WTEH".
- Checks should be sent to Whitman-Walker Health WTEH, 1377 R Street NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20009. Please do not send cash by mail. All donations are tax-deductible.
Who Benefits from The Walk to End HIV?
In a city where two percent of adults are known to have HIV, many more are infected but don’t know their status and young people ages 13 to 24 represent nearly 20% of new HIV diagnoses, the Walk to End HIV plays a vital role in Whitman-Walker’s mission to end the HIV epidemic in the District of Columbia. We remain committed to our long-time HIV survivors and resolute to stop new cases of HIV with health education and innovative prevention methods such as PrEP and PEP.
Is there a minimum I should raise for the Walk?
We do not require individuals to raise a minimum amount of money. However, we encourage everyone to set a fundraising goal and do their best to achieve it. Additionally, if you raise $35 you will receive a 2022 36th Anniversary T-shirt.
When is the Walk & 5k to End HIV
October 22, 2022 9am-12pm | Gateway DC Pavilion (2700 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE, Washington, DC 20032)
You can also choose to complete the race wherever you would like. You can walk, run, use a treadmill. We encourage you to get out with your employees and/or family and walk or run on October 22nd at Gateway DC Pavilion to help us fight HIV. We’ll have some wonderful race-day surprises for you to enjoy. Share your pictures and more on social media with #walktoendhiv.Packet Pick-up:
To whom should donations be made out to?
Supporter checks should be made payable to ‘Whitman-Walker Foundation’.
Where do I mail donations?
Checks should be sent to Whitman-Walker Health WTEH, 1377 R Street NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20009. Please do not send cash by mail. All donations are tax-deductible.
Is there a deadline for donations?
It’s never too early or too late to secure donations in support of the Walk to End HIV! Donors can contribute online through December 31, 2022.
Are donations tax deductible?
All donations are tax deductible. Whitman-Walker Foundation's Federal Tax ID: 82-3889980.
What should I do to start raising funds for the Walk & 5k to End HIV?
- Set up your team or individual fundraising web page. Then send out an email to friends, family members, and co-workers. Include your URL in each email sent from your Participant Center to donate to your personal page.
- Matching gift programs. Many companies have programs that match the contributions their employees give to a charitable organization. By utilizing the matching gift programs of your employer or your family and friends' employers, you can quickly double or triple your fundraising dollars.
- Host a virtual fundraising party.